Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Graduation Program

After looking at the other students program covers and designs, I think I did well in coming up with a different idea from others like the use of school birds and using soft stamps from pictures of trees for the background. I could have made the front cover better by making the letter font prettier and reducing the distance of the drop shadow in "Graduation 2009." Also, I could have made the birds look like doves instead of leaving them natural. Graphic Design was more complicated than I had intended, because it's hard to create through the computer exactly what one can picture in the mind. The most important aspects in graphic design are having a fair judgement in colors and how to contrast them. Also the composition of the work and to keep in my the audience is important. A suggestion for next year students would be to keep open-minds. If its new, bizarre but appropriate, that might just be it. I notice how most designers, including myself, worked with purple the most and try to keep away from colors, except for white, black and silver. Also to try to take pictures that are not from inside the school but that can relate to the topic because most had difficulties coming up with ideas for pictures.

No comments: