Thursday, May 7, 2009

Personal Metaphor: I am the puppet of my conscience.


Metaphor: “I am the puppet of my conscience.” This is a struggle between the right and the wrong. I chose this metaphor because it explains who I am. When I do something that I believe is wrong my conscience reproaches me about it or it stops me from doing it. When I do something for the good, I am in peace with myself. It is almost as if I’m captivated by my own intern self. I believe that conscience is what motives or prevents a human being from performing an act. At least in my case, it proves true. Essentially, I control who I am and what I do. Sometimes that seems exhausting and irritating not being able to do something because my conscience won’t allow it or makes me feel guilty for something done. Yet sometimes it is very rewarding to know that I am being true to myself.

My background I believe was well done. I took a partial picture of a painting at home and added some gradient colors to make the setting look confusing, in a struggle between the good and bad in my conscience. I truly believe I could have done better in converting myself to a puppet in a more realistic way. In my defense, I couldn’t find a tutorial but I should have spent more time in my metaphor than creating my background and my conscience. However, I do like this project; I like the idea behind my project and I feel that, although my art work is not perfect, the idea is still portrayed.

1 comment:

Tirso said...

Your idea is very cool. It's very dream like. You did awesome work Lesley. Keep up the good work! :]