When the word “art” is uttered many individuals automatically visualize a favorite painting. However, there are various types of art; photography is also one of them. In this portfolio you will find a summary of works finished during my first semester in digital photography class. The portfolio consists of my own critics regarding my finished art works expressing ideas towards the project, including likes and dislikes, as well as unique photographs, some done using Photoshop, rather than snapshots which are pictures normally taken by many.
The first works are label compositional tricks because they are the fundamental basis of photography that any photographer must learn. All the projects finished in the blog have being made with a plethora of effort because I often have difficulties when using Photoshop but manage my way to decrease imperfections in my art work. Also learning and not forgetting the function of tools in Photoshop and remembering procedures was complicated. But I liked that after we finished a work we had the opportunity to learn from it and write our critics as a reflection to analyze which aspect of the photo were “good” or “bad” allowing the pondering of new ideas for the coming projects.
Photography class is not just about taking random pictures and calling it a photograph is about learning how to follow directions without impeding creativity to expand. It required appreciating the art work of classmates and giving honest credit for their work or perhaps advising them in how to improve but mostly being able to accept compliments and judgments in my own art work in order to improve in the future. I was most successful at following directions because I am a type that type of person who needs rules and guidelines to follow; therefore, the most difficult part was to not let the guidelines be the only aspects of the photograph but elaborate in ideas and make the picture personal. The Social Issue was one I had difficulty with because I had some many ideas but did not knew how to express them so I decided to choose the one that will follow the format better.
Today, I have notice improvement when it takes me less time to finish a picture done in Photoshop because I now easily recognize the icons in the tool bars. Yet I believe I can improve more in ideas and starting to think outside the box so that my photographs become more artistic and less dull. My work is by no means perfect but I have had fun creating each and every single one of the works illustrated in this portfolio and that has being very rewarding. I hope you find them attractive to the eyes as they are to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think its funny that you think your photographs need to become "more artistic and less dull" Well, if these are dull, then I can't wait to see artistic. Lesley, looking back through your art, I caught myself smiling the entire time and with each project, I thought, "oh yeah, this is a good one" Even in your beginning pictures you found a way to throw a much needed and creative twist into your projects. I am not saying you do not have room for improvement, of course you do. What I am saying is that I would really like you to keep up the sincere work that you do each day in my class, because I really look forward to the "artistic" work you are planning on doing! Good show.
Post a Comment