Thursday, September 11, 2008

Compostitional Trick #5: Cropping

"Cropping is a trick that photographers do all the time, even if they don't realize it. Every time a photographer chooses to cut something out of his/her frame, before they snap the photo, that is in essence cropping. We also have learned tools on Photoshop that allow us to crop an image after we have taken it. When cropping in Photoshop it is possible to improve our composition or change it completely." By cropping my extreme angle picture i changed the composition of the photo to a more vertical one. It emphasises my partner a bit more and still show the shadows that I like in my former picture and the white hue at the bottom. It is precisely due to this change that I like the crop picture better.
To create this imagine I had to use the crop tool by clicking on it and then clicking on the corner of my picture and drag it until i gained the desired crop. Then cropped a bit more from the sides to make it look a bit more vertical. Then by using a remaining border around the picture I dragging this border to one side and"over crop" the image later enhanced with text.

No comments: