Sunday, November 16, 2008

Haunted Chavez



After having learned several possibilities in which to make individuals look abnormal and scary, our project consisted of creating Cesar Chavez High School haunted. We could use either of, a combination, or all of the tutorials which includes ghosts, bloody zombies or scary faces. My initial idea was to use the setting in front of the JROTC building in my high school because there are a few nice trees in that area and I was planning to use them. Moreover, there is scatter grass and brown land beneath the trees and that would be helpful since I wanted zombies and ghosts coming out of the ground reaching out for a paranoid girl, myself, running away from them.

As it can be appreciated in the final picture certain ideas had to be modified due to time consumed in the project. Time was essentially one of the problems because I tend to work slower than others but with the availability of my teacher I was able to come in my own time and try to work towards at least finishing the project. I still included myself in the project but as a ghost rather than the main character and made one of my friends the emphasis. Instead of being chased, the guy is laying on the ground reaching out for his last breaths since blood from the nose, neck and back of the head starts to steadily increase its flow. He also has blood stains in the ankles as if some bloody hands had grabbed him from there. He has being attacked by zombies, who unfortunately aren’t coming from the ground but one is flying, in their search of thirst for violence. The ghosts come reaching to show him the path he will have to follow, that is his inevitable death.

I wasn’t sure if to make the dying guy or the killer zombie my emphasis eventually I decided not to make the killer zombie my emphasis. However, choosing between them was the most difficult part. Actually, I could have worked a little more in making the killer zombie less attractive to the eye maybe by lowering the hue in his costume since he also looks like he could be the emphasis. Oh and can anyone see the cars on the background? I tried cropping the setting so the cars didn’t appear there but that didn’t look well so a bunch of ghosts reaching out were placed to hide the cars making my picture look better. Overall, I had fun finishing the project which is good. It’s not perfect as I would like it to be and it wasn’t my initial idea but my time was worthwhile.

No comments: